4/09/2012

More North










I thoroughly enjoyed having my painting workshop at the Lutsen Resort. What a beautiful, calm and relaxing, not to mention extremely scenic place to paint and be inspired! And it was so great to continue the creative dialogue and energy after class as we shared hikes, photography, dinners, campfires and conversation. I'm looking forward to introducing more people to these workshops as they develop.

After the workshop I made my way across beautiful Highway 1 over to Ely to hike and photograph for even more northern inspiration for my upcoming June show. Paintings are well under way, they are stacking up in the studio and I am loving working on this series of the BWCAW. I am going to wait until closer to the show though to post these paintings anywhere.

As you can see...I also enjoyed playing with my new camera this week. It is not a new medium for me, but a revisited one. While I have no intention of going into photography...it is a nice diversion, as I was not trying to photograph for a professional purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment